Tuesday, February 24, 2009

While I was away...

For the last week I was away in Vancouver (gave a physics seminar at TRIUMF, plus visiting my sister and relatives) and in Edmonton (research meeting at the University of Alberta). It was my first trip on an airplane since our move to Germany last August. I video-chatted with Glenda and the kids nearly every day while I was in North America, but it was still a heavy burden to leave the family in foreign land (albeit a relatively short trip compared to some of my long trips to Sudbury, Canada in the past).

During my absence, Glenda kept the kids busy during their free times with arts and crafts. Here are a few clay creations.

The plane touched down at the Frankfurt airport around 7 AM this morning, and I was home by 9:20 AM. This week is the kids' winter break and they were eager to see me home on this Faschingsdienstag (Shove Tuesday, but literally Carnival Tuesday).

No comments: