Sunday, December 14, 2008

Riding on an antique tram

Glenda took Jocelyn to her classmate's birthday party today. So Gabriel and I went to the Christmas market for lunch. It was a local fare: "lange bratwurst mit brotchen" (long sausage with bun - i.e. German "hotdog"), followed by "lango mit nutella" (nutella on a deep fried dough). I felt so guilty about the grease and sugar intake that I hit the gym later in the day.

The local tram company ran a special service with some of its retired trams between the market and Hauptbahnhof (main train station) today. Gabriel and I hopped on one of these (see pic). It was fun riding on hot seats - the heaters were located under the wooden seats. These antique trams reminded me of the old trams that are still in operation in Hong Kong.

No comments: